Welcome to Life-Centered, the podcast about how looking to the natural world is impacting technology, society, and how we live our lives.
I’m Tim McGee, and in this episode Amelia Tracy and I talk with Tariq Al Olaimy. I first met Tariq years ago at a biomimicry workshop, and have been following his globetrotting career with a sense of wonder. If you follow Tariq on Instagram or twitter (and I suggest that you do) you begin to realize his passion, energy, and peace towards the world is infectious. With his sister Leena, Tariq is the co-founder of the Bahrain based Think & Do Tank 3BL associates, and as a result he finds himself squarely at the crossroads of connecting people, organizations, and the natural world for a more peaceful and prosperous future.
This has been one of my favorite episodes to edit, in part because every time I listen through the audio I learn something new. The conversation is rich with links to big projects and ideas that are changing the world - from resources that help social entrepreneurs find a wellspring of wellbeing, to the emerging legal, social, and business implications of partnering with natural systems like a river or a forest. Enjoy.
- 3BL Associates
- Tariq's Global Shapers Profile
- An article featuring the brilliant Leena Al Olaimy
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Public Plant Partnerships
- Recipes for Wellbeing
- New York City Water Agreement
- The Ocean Cleanup
- The Bill Gates Article 'Beating Nature at it's Own Game'
- The Overview Effect (A MUST WATCH)
- Tariq on Instagram, and 3BL Associates on Twitter, Facebook